Work with Despatch Bay
Purpose of the position
To develop and maintain web-based software applications as directed by the Product Director and Solutions Architect in order to meet the needs of the business and its software products.
The Web Developer reports to the Product Director and forms part of the Product Team. Web Developers are responsible for executing the development of new software and are also responsible for supporting and maintaining the business's existing software products and any supporting internal systems. Web Developers will take direction from the Product Director and additionally will take technical direction directly from the existing team.
- Responsible for writing software using a variety of languages as directed by technical specifications, The Product Director and Solutions Architect.
- Responsible for development of code in the following languages (though not limited to)
- Involved in peer-review of code written by other developers
- Responsible for writing unit tests and ensuring acceptable code coverage
- Responsible for carrying out all routine maintenance of existing sites and applications.
- Responsible for investigating and fixing bugs in existing product codebases and taking ownership of issues towards an acceptable resolution
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The knowledge, skills and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance
The Developer must have knowledge in the following areas:
- Common software development practices & methodologies
- 2 years minimum commercial experience in open source web application Development
- Object Oriented PHP
- Unit testing / PHPUnit
- Git / Git Flow for version control
- HTML / CSS (Implementation. Graphic design skills are not necessary)
- 2 years minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL or Postgres.
- Experience in mobile application development is beneficial
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and internal stakeholders.
- IT skills including the ability to operate specialised technical software at a highly proficient level.
- Ability to manage own workload and to report on progress to the Development Team Leader
- Ability to organise and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment.
- Mon-Fri working hours
- Flexible working hours
- Remote position
- Beautiful offices in Retford, Nottinghamshire
- 22 days annual leave + Bank holidays - increasing with time served upto 25 days
- Your birthday off
- A pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- And much more!
The Web Developer should demonstrate the following skills
What We Give You
Who We Are
The SaleGroup Ltd is a private company trading as Despatch Bay and has a number of associated trading companies in the same ownership.
Despatch Bay is the smartest way to work with couriers! Designed to save online businesses time, effort and money. Working seamlessly with ecommerce platforms including: eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Magento & Etsy, it makes fulfilling new orders, arranging shipping and organising returns much easier.
Salary – £25 - 40k+ based on experience and skillset
Contract – Full-time
Location – Remote / Retford, NottinghamshireApply for this Job