Work with Despatch Bay
Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer
Purpose of the position
To oversee, design and maintain technical infrastructure for the company. Additionally, to facilitate the development and test teams in their tasks, promote good practices and new technologies and encourage communication.
The DevOps Engineer as part of the DevOps Team reports to the Product Director. The DevOps Team is responsible for day-to-day operational control of technical infrastructure, and is tasked with facilitating the development and test teams work. Additionally, responsible for handling IT security incidents/investigations and disaster recovery planning.
Infrastructure Management (Operations)
- Management of server infrastructure including both AWS and local.
- Monitoring of infrastructure & incident response
- Orchestrating software releases into production
- Acting as change management / release review as part of software QA
- Building tools to enhance infrastructure administration
- Building tools to facilitate day-to-day development and test
- Reporting tools to process and analyse business/technical metrics
IT Security Incident Response
- Investigate in the case of IT Security incidents, in-line with IT Security protocols
Disaster Recovery Planning
- Oversee updating of technical aspects of the disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Implement disaster recovery tasks in the event of an incident
Knowledge & Skills
The knowledge, skills and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance
The DevOps Engineer must have experience and competence in the following areas:
- Linux System Administration
- Minimum of 2 years+ experience as a system administrator / Linux engineer / technical support
- Basic understanding of networking, subnets/firewalls etc.
- Common software development practices & methodologies
- Familiarity with open source web development technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- IT Security & Incident Response Procedures
- Exposure to AWS
- Experience with Web Servers/Apache/Databases
- Tools like Terraform/Git etc.
- IT Operational Procedures
- Bash or similar shell scripting/Python
The DevOps Engineer should demonstrate the following skills
- Analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Desire to learn and expand upon current skill set
What We Give You
- Mon-Fri working hours
- Flexible working hours
- Fully remote position
- Beautiful offices in Retford, Nottinghamshire (if you wish to use them)
- 22 days annual leave + Bank holidays - increasing with time served upto 25 days
- Your birthday off
- A pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- And much more!
Who We Are
The SaleGroup Ltd is a private company trading as Despatch Bay and has a number of associated trading companies in the same ownership.
Despatch Bay is the smartest way to work with couriers! Designed to save online businesses time, effort and money. Working seamlessly with ecommerce platforms including: eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Magento & Etsy, it makes fulfilling new orders, arranging shipping and organising returns much easier.
Salary – £24 - 34k+ based on experience and skillset
Contract – Full-time
Location – Remote / Retford, NottinghamshireApply for this Job