Despatch Bay Express Customer Notice: COVID-19 UpdateBy Mike Reilly, March 23rd 2020
With the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic still developing, we are taking extra measures in line with government guidelines to ensure the safety of our customers and our team – as that remains our top priority.
We will continue to operate all our courier services as normal, but some of our procedures will be changing regarding your collections.
How to Protect Yourself & Our Drivers
We ask that you read and respect the following, so we can continue to support you and keep our drivers safe. Failure to adhere to these emergency protocols may result in refusal of parcel collection.
- Have your parcels ready before our drivers expected arrival time. We have instructed our drivers to minimise time at clients properties to loading only.
- Where possible, our drivers will call 10 minutes before they arrive to provide you with some notice of imminent arrival and to help with convenience of parcel location.
- If possible, please leave your parcels in a safe, accessible place, ideally near the exit of your premises, or in a loading bay. We are instructing our drivers to not enter premises any further than is necessary.
- Please do not help the driver load.
- If premises doors can be wedged open for loading, please do so to minimise contact points.
- Please do not touch the driver or their van.
- Our drivers are limiting personal contact such as handshakes wherever possible. We are sure you will understand that it’s nothing personal.
- We have asked our drivers to not use sign-in books. Drivers are only on site for a minimal period of time and we are expecting parcels to be at the exit of the property ready.
Our drivers themselves will be following a new set of protocols for safety and peace of mind. They will be using hand sanitiser before and after a collection, and will disinfect their van regularly. Also, where possible, they will minimise all personal contact and entry into premises.
We are also taking further measures at our depots, and with our courier partners to ensure the lowest amount of risk possible.
Thank you for your continued support, and from all of us at Despatch Bay, we hope you stay safe and healthy.